FORT ADAMS STATE PARK
Fort Adams is located at 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI, 02840. One of the park system’s national treasures, Fort Adams is situated at the mouth of Newport Harbor with panoramic views of the Newport Bridge and the East Passage. The festival at the Fort features 4 stages of music, food & crafts, and a number of displays.
- Only one small hand held cooler (no larger than 16″ x 12″) per person allowed
- Maximum size for individual blankets is 8′x 10′
- Low-backed chairs only (under 30″) to ensure good viewing for your neighbors are allowed outside no chair zones
- No glass containers admitted. All coolers will be searched.
- No alcohol
- No pets
- No beach balls (because they could end up in the bay and hurt the wildlife)
- No beach umbrellas or anything that could obstruct the view of others
- Strollers are allowed that are reasonably sized and do not obstruct the view of others in audience areas.
- Please leave your selfie sticks at home. Meet fellow folk & have them take the photo for you!
- Any use of drones/UAS in the vicinity of any public open air event would violate Rhode Island’s Uniform Aeronautical Regulator Act (UAR) and Aeronautics Regulations, constituting a misdemeanor. Please leave them at home for the safety of all our folk.
For all you thirsty folk, over 21 ID wristbands and tokens will be available during the morning hours so you can get them before the gates open, and before the gardens open, and be ready for the starting bell. Please drink responsibly.
Beer/Wine Garden Rules & Regs: Must be 21 to enter gardens. IDs will be checked at all token sales locations and over 21 wristbands will be issued. Over 21 wristbands are good all weekend so get one once and keep it on.
Drink tokens: Drink tokens can be redeemed for beer, wine or hard cider, and will be sold at all ID checkpoints as well as inside the gardens. Tokens are good all weekend but they areNON-REFUNDABLE. Plan to use them up before the weekend is over. Cash and credit cards are also accepted in the gardens but only in specified lines. Food & other beverages are also available. Read all signs carefully.
Beer Garden Hours: TBA
Advance Token Sales: Tokens will be available outside the gate beginning one hour before gates open each day and will also be sold at the entrance to each garden.